The University of Pavia Language Centre organises Italian courses throughout the academic year, from October to June.
The offer includes:
• 50 hours
Online intensive courses
• 50 hours
ERASMUS+ students with Pavia University
International exchange students with Pavia University
Students enrolled in Pavia University (Corsi di Laurea triennali, magistrali, PhD candidates, masters students, researchers, etc.)
Students enrolled at the Istituto Superiore di Studi Musicali “Franco Vittadini”
Students who have attended at least 80% of the course (40 hours out of 50) will be allowed to take the final exam.
Students who have passed the final exam will receive a certificate of attendance reporting the final grade and the linguistic level achieved (according to the CEFR levels).
The final exam is not compulsory.
5 ECTS credits will be assigned to Erasmus+ students and other international exchange students with Pavia University passing the final exam.
• In case of student’s withdrawal from the course, no refunds will be made
• The Language Centre reserves the right to activate only the courses that reach the required minimum number of participants (students enrolled in courses that won’t be activated for this reason will be refunded in full).
• Students attending online courses are required to keep their webcams on. The teacher will not record the attendance if the student’s webcam is switched off.
• Lessons will be recorded by the teacher. The recording can be provided to the student only if technical issues occured during the lesson and such issues can be verified by the teacher.
In the above mentioned case, attendance will be considered valid.
• All foreign students studying at Pavia University are allowed to use the self-study facilities (media library and language lab) available in the ”Centro Linguistico Laboratori”
• The Centro Linguistico is an authorized centre for the CILS (Certificazione di Italiano come Lingua Straniera – i.e. Certificate of Italian as a Foreign Language). The CILS certificate can be used for academic or professional purposes and is recognised by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.